- I attended and completed my training at A Cut Above Beauty College in Greenwood, Indiana in 1998. (Since then the school has moved to Indianapolis, Indiana and is called Empire Beauty School.)
- Upon passing the state board tests and receiving my Manicurist License, I rented a booth at The Gazebo in downtown Indianapolis. I received excellent training from the owner of the salon as well as attend continuing education classes. I received my Masters Certificate from CND (Creative Nail Design) sometime during 1999, and I continued to establish my clientelle here for a total of 7 years.
- July of 2005 I relocated to No. 7 Salon. It was a bit of an adjustment going from a predominately nails-only salon to a hair salon, in which I was the only Nail Technician. Considering I remained at No. 7 for the following 6 1/2 years, I’d say a little change has turned out to be a good thing!
- February 2012…I joined the fabulous team of professionals at Meridian Design Group or MDG as they are called now. I was still technically the only Nail Tech, but then I was able to work with about 20 artists. There was a lot of energy and an evolving midset. At this point I has been in the business for over 14 years and don’t regret a thing!
- Unfortunately MDG did not end up fitting my “more relaxed” personality, so I decided to head back over to No. 7 Salon & Spa 6 months later. The difference is that it is now owned and operated by one of my long time friends in the business, whom I haven’t had the pleasure of working with in 9 years. Now I feel like I’m at home!
- May 2013 I completed an intense training to become an Education Ambassador for CND (my fav nail company)!